- About us
- The team
- Contact Us
It’s not easy getting an accurate flavour of you, your brand, your services, your passions, your ethics and your ideal connections across in 140 characters – even seasoned copywriters can find this a challenge on Twitter.
There are so many considerations to bear in mind, making Twitter both a joy and a potential disaster zone for the ill-prepared.
Here are our top 10 tips for Tweeting triumphs:
1. Don’t sell anything: it’s not a direct marketing platform, it’s social. Promote for audience benefit, yes, but do it with integrity.
2. Be authentic: it’s a true test of your confidence with content if you can be authentic in 140 characters. Be patient.
3. Get engaged: Twitter is not a broadcast marketing medium, remember the two-way conversations really, really count.
4. Observe and follow: if you see content you like, are inspired by, or want to follow, do so. A great way to learn – and free.
5. Content remains King: you’ll gain attention, engagement and re-tweets based solely on one factor – fantastic content.
6. Be challenging: if you see content you disagree with, challenge it. Spark debate and conversation, get involved.
7. Compliment competitors: make sure you monitor and re-tweet content from your competitors. Your audience will value it.
8. Be true to yourself: make sure your content is consistent with you, your ethics, your brand and the way you do business.
9. Forget random – get strategic: establish a content strategy and stick to it. Auto-publish if you must, but value your content.
10. Be grateful: if your content gets noticed and re-tweeted show your appreciation to your audience, every time.
Simple tips, strong strategies, stunning content. Twitter can be fast and frenetic but also fun.