26 Apr 2019 | Vacancies | Gemma Brown
Project Manager job description (3-month Fixed Term Contract with potential to extend)
Stratton Craig Ltd – www.strattoncraig.com
Project Manager (3-month Fixed Term Contract with potential to extend)
About the role at Stratton Craig
We are a written communications business. For over 30 years, our copywriting services have helped UK and global blue chip organisations develop distinctive brand voices and deliver engaging copy across all their channels. Working from our offices in Bristol and London, our work sees clients connect with new audiences, launch new products and open new markets and channels.
Right now, we’re looking for a highly experienced content manager to ensure we deliver large projects on time with the highest standards of accuracy and client satisfaction. You will be working on our largest Financial Services clients, reporting directly into our Client Services Director.
You’ll have a background working in communications or marketing agencies. You’ll love project planning, time management, teamwork and delivering to deadlines. You will have confidence and conviction in your approach, brilliant interpersonal skills and the experience to lead project teams towards a shared timeline and common goal. You’ll understand why you’re doing something, as well as what, when and who you need to help do it. And as a proactive project manager you can combine thinking and doing to ensure problems are solved along the way.
As for experience and skills, you’ll need at least five years of project management experience within marketing or communications agencies. It is critical that you understand the process of content creation and management from both agency and client’s eyes. You’ll also feel comfortable working with senior clients and willing to challenge them when needed. An understanding of financial services isn’t a mandatory, but you must be proactive, an owner-manager, have a strong eye for detail and adamant on the importance of hitting timelines. This is an important appointment and demands a self-starter with genuine energy and drive.
What we value
- Passion: for words, communication and what we do.
- Spirit: taking pride, working together as a team, caring and giving a damn.
- Commitment: to accuracy, quality and delivering what we promise.
- Curiosity: the ability to ask questions, challenge assumptions, imagine and explore.
What you will do
Your role will cover the following areas of focus and responsibility: Process, People, Organisation and Commerciality.
- Manage the process of content creation and production of financial services RfPs (Request for Proposal)
- Act as the lynchpin between the client services and writing teams
- Support and lead the collaborative, dynamic project planning and management processes to ensure we control workflow efficiently across our in-house resources and network of writers
- Be part of key client conversations, acting as the main point of contact for project delivery
- Refine and clarify client requirements and feedback – translating them into clear, actionable briefs for the writers. As such, an understanding of marketing and communication is required.
- Work closely with the client services and strategy teams to define the scope of projects and create detailed and achievable project plans
- Control delivery scope and capture and report any changes
- Ensure appropriate quality control processes are adhered to throughout
- Monitor and report on progress and quality throughout delivery
- Identify and mitigate risk to ensure momentum is maintained and projects remain on track
- Liaise with third party suppliers and other client agency partners
- Build and maintain strong internal and client relationships
- Act as the centre of gravity for your projects, pulling together people from across the business as needed
- Calmly lead internal teams and external stakeholders to keep projects on track
- Consider ways to optimise delivery, by continually assessing workflow, tools and processes
- Flex process as required to drive projects through the agency without reducing quality
- Match tasks to the most appropriate internal skillset
- Constantly challenge assumptions and drive delivery to meet the broader strategic objectives outlined at the start
- Ensure project and/or client finances are well managed, tracked, and time recovered
- Understand client budgetary constraints
- Utilise your own time for the best return for the business
What you will need to succeed
- Experience working in a marketing or communications agency
- Proven project management experience within a marketing/comms agency environment
- Solid grasp of content and copy production processes – ideally with RfP experience
- Experience managing high-volume, high-velocity content projects
- Knowledge of collaboration tools (such as Jira, Confluence, Basecamp, Trello)
- Experience producing core project documentation (SOWs, RACI, burndown, briefs etc.)
- Previous experience within financial services or Request for Proposal projects desired but not required
- Excellent time management and budgetary control skills
- Confidence and the know-how to deliver clear, constructive feedback to all teams
- Embrace Stratton Craig’s values and live up to them
- Resilience, commitment and the desire to go the extra mile
- Flexibility and solution-oriented mentality – you’ll be a born problem solver, never bringing problems to the party without solutions in mind
- German speakers would be highly desirable
The small print
- Two professional references required
- Competitive salary + bonus
- Must be able to work at our Bristol office Monday-Friday and be prepared to travel for meetings as required
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK required
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Project Manager position’.