Stratton Craig is a copywriting and content agency that has been helping its clients win with words since 1987. To fulfil its ambitions of becoming a truly global business, it needed to evolve its presence in the marketplace within an increasingly online world. The business aimed to increase its organic visibility across all sectors by utilising its internal SEO capabilities.
By harnessing internal SEO expertise and its sectoral subject matter experts, Stratton Craig built a new website in 2019 that used sophisticated search engine strategies, including:
- Creating expert-led content for its ‘Insights’ section, intended to directly benefit users’ search queries.
- Improving the structure to align with search engine performance and help users find content quickly and easily.
- Packaging its top-level sectors into ‘hubs’ (like Financial Services and Technology). These contain granular ‘sub-pages’ which demonstrate Stratton Craig’s sectoral expertise in further detail and address a broader range of SEO queries.
- Launching US and German versions of its website, which geared the company towards an international audience and broadens its global online footprint.
- Testing, learning and refining the ways it provides service and sector information to its site users, making it easier to navigate to the relevant content.
Stratton Craig has seen significant and consistent year-on-year growth in the years since it implemented its long-term SEO strategies, doubling the size of the business between 2019 and 2022.
Stratton Craig now works with some of the biggest companies and brands in the world. It has forged long-term partnerships with leading businesses across its key sectors, from exchange-listed financial services firms to technology giants. Its client list includes De Beers, McCain, Home Credit and Vestas.
Stratton Craig has established its international footprint, with offices in Bristol, London, New York and Singapore.